I love the look of flowers on cards but don’t like when they look like plain jane cut-outs. I tweaked with this flower until I was happy with the fuller looking petals. It is only two pieces of paper but it looks like a whole lot more. Here’s how ya do it:
1. Die cut or punch two flowers with Stampin’ Up card stock (I have tried this with other brands of card stock and because the quality is lower, it is impossible to use this technique!).
2. Start pinching the edges of the petals.
3. You will start to see the petals starting to split.
4. Once you see that each petal has split, gently pull the petals apart.
5. Marvel at your creation! 🙂
For this card I used:
Basic Gray, Smokey Slate, Crushed Curry, and Primrose Petals Card Stock
Fun Flowers Bigz L Die Cut
Beautiful Wings Embosslits
Modern Mosaic embossing folder
Petite Pairs stamp set
Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch
and my favorite bling, rhinestone jewels
To make yours shop now!